I just want to know for how many years does a DUI remain on my record. I live in Ohio.
Thank you for asking Tom.
If you get convicted for the first time of a DUI in Ohio penalties available will be:
* Administrative License Suspension (ALS) for a prohibited BAC;
* ALS for test refusal = one year license suspension;
* Jail – Minimum of three consecutive days or 3-day driver intervention program;
* Fine – Minimum $200 and not more than $1,000;
* Court License Suspension – 6 months to 3 years.
The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) states that there is no section of the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) that states infractions ever come off of a driver record. It goes on to say that an administrative decision is in effect that permits for Driver Abstracts to only reflect the last three years driver record activity.
So it looks like a DUI infraction will stay on your OH driving record indefinitely but you can verify with the BMV to find out to make sure.